Topdrill recognizes that the activities they perform impact directly and indirectly on the environment and on local communities with whom we interact.
Topdrill endeavours to operate in a way that is both collaborative and sympathetic to the environment so that business development and growth can be carried out in a sustainable way.
Topdrill will work in conjunction with the clients environment policies and procedures to ensure the best possible environmental practice is achieved at all times.
It is Topdrill policy to;
- Actively promote and encourage the adoption of ecologically sustainable work practices and operations within our organization.
- Topdrill crews are all inducted with the importance to environmental best practices and are skilled in hydrocarbon spill management and in the safe removal of waste.
- Promote throughout the company a strong environmental ethic as part of our culture.
- Consider favorably, suppliers and sub-contractors who pursue good environmental management practices.
- Actively seek innovative and sustainable solutions to meet environmental needs.
- Communicate regularly with employees, sub-contractors, the community and regulatory authorities on environmental activities.
- Communicate improvement, suggestions, or identified risks between management, employees and clients.
- Take responsibility to encourage staff and personnel to accept our environmental standards and guidelines and encourage them to develop strategies of their own.
- Develop and implement effective management systems that encourage proactive environmental management and continuous improvement.
- Encourage and congratulate good environmental practice in the workplace.
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements to which the company subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects.
Topdrill appreciates and fully understands the importance of responsible practices and procedures and is aware of its responsibilities in ensuring minimum impact upon heritage sites and areas of cultural significance.
All Topdrill personnel are introduced to the importance of Cultural Awareness in their initial induction. This is constantly ongoing.
Topdrill complies with all current legislation and best practices with regards to Heritage and areas of Cultural Significance and strives to communicate to all employees the importance of full compliance to this legislation as it applies to them in the field.